Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Slow Down

“Stop interfering with God’s plans and with His will. Touching anything of His mars the work. Moving the hands of a clock to suit you does not change the time. You may be able to rush the unfolding of some aspects of God’s will, but you harm His work in the long run. You can force a rosebud open, but you spoil the flower. Leave everything to Him, without exception. ‘Not what I will, but what you will’ (Mark 14:36).” – Stephen Merritt, Streams In the Desert devotional

Tonight I read this devotional after getting ready for bed. I really liked what the author was getting at. We are so impatient that we try rushing God’s plans for our lives. I can attest to this. Just this week I was becoming impatient because I hadn’t heard back from the grad school I mentioned last week and I was waiting to hear back from a company in regards to a summer position. There was nothing I could do to speed up the process, so I was pretty anxious. This above message was such a great reminder for me!

The line, “Moving the hands of a clock to suit you does not change the time,” really spoke to me. I can think of a number of times when I have done this mentally, whether that was to speed up time or to slow it down. However, in reality, I know that God is the only one who can control time and I need to remember that when He created everything, He called it “good” so I need to develop this attitude as well. As long as God is in control of our lives, everything is “good!” :)

I pray today we learn to slow down and appreciate the time the Lord has given us and not wish it be any more or any less. May we find joy in every moment and never take for granted the people God puts in our lives.

To God be the glory!
<3 Shannon

“In The Blink of an Eye” – Mercy Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjmpbl2OUMU&feature=related

No comments: