Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Feeding on God’s Word

Deuteronomy 8:3 – “…real life comes by feeding on every word of the Lord.”
(New International Version) – “…man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.”

I included both of these versions, because they give different insight into the main theme of today’s devotional that God’s Word has living power. To be more specific, when we read and study God’s Word, we are able to grow spiritually.

I really liked the first version where it speaks about feeding on God’s Word. It got me curious what exactly this meant so I looked up the definition of “to feed.” I found out that feeding on God’s Word is like getting nourishment from the Bible. Just as we need to keep our brains nourished with knowledge and our bodies nourished with healthy food and exercise, we need to nourish our soul as well. And the best way to do this is by spending time with God in prayer and His Word!

1 Peter 2:2 – “Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment…”

Ezekiel 3:3 – “Then He said to me, ‘Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it.’ So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth.”

I pray that today we will take time to spend time in God’s Word so that we will continue to mature in our faith. After all, “If we aren’t growing, we are dying.” Let us continue to draw near to the Lord and allow Him to work in our lives.

God bless!
<3 Shannon

“You Give Me Hope” – Ryan Kirkland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqHRRmAUGlw

No comments: