Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Friday, March 19, 2010

Never Disappointed

Tonight I went down to my favorite spot in LeClaire. I was so excited to have a free night to go down there and read, but when I got there I was pretty disappointed. The lights I remembered that would reflect off the water were no longer there, the weather was a bit too cold to stay outside for too long, and the sky was bare of any stars. My favorite thing about my spot in LeClaire was that in the past I have always been able to watch the sunset. As you may be able to guess, tonight there was no sunset.

Although I had many disappointments, if I changed my point of view, I can see all of the great things about driving out to LeClaire, for instance, being able to fulfill my need for speed with a drive hah. However, this devotional is not on different point of views, as I have already discussed this earlier this week. Tonight I want us to remember that when life sends us disappointments, whether that’s through heartbreak, failures, loved ones letting us down, or experiences that do not reach our expectations, God, however, will never disappoint us.

Romans 5:5 – “And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love.”

You may object at first glance, but when we take into consideration God’s perspective of our situation, we will remember that He does everything for our Eternal good. There is no reason to be disappointed by this!

Romans 8:28 – “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.”

I pray that today we remember all that the Lord does for us, especially in time of great need. May we be able to stand firm in our faith and trust that He is working the situation for our Eternal benefit. Praise God that we never have to be disappointed when we approach Him! :)

In Christ,
Shannon

“My Help Comes From The Lord” – The Museum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MecgrJvbk24

No comments: