Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Right Fight

Excerpts from Cornerstone Podcast – Todd Nighswonger

“I don’t know if you’ve noticed this, but when you talk to people and ask how they’re doing, a lot of them are saying, ‘I’m tired’…that or ‘busy.’ It’s no wonder why when you watch the news. Israel’s mad and Iran’s gonna get a nuclear bomb… It makes me want to just check out for a little while. And then you add on top of that the reality of people you deal with. It’s everything! Loss of jobs… And the common theme is people are tired. I think that’s actually a great place for us to be! I’m glad we’re tired!”

He goes on to explain that he is glad we are tired, because it demonstrates that the world doesn’t have God. “When all of us get tired and we quit trying to run the world; when all of us finally give up and submit ourselves to God, God comes in and does things through us that we can never imagine.”

1 Corinthians 12:9,10 – “9But He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

When I first started listening to this sermon and hearing how we are becoming tired and busy, I thought this was going to be a message on how we have become too caught up in our own lives that we are too busy for others. However, I was humbled when he went on to talk about how it is good that we have become worn out in that we are at a place where God can use us the best! :)

I pray that today we submit our lives and agendas to our Heavenly Father and trust that He only wants the best for us.

Blessings,
Shannon

“Take All Of Me” – Hillsong United
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAwigrJ3Cyc

No comments: