Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pursuing God Wholeheartedly

“Following Christ isn’t something that can be done halfheartedly or on the side. It is not a label we can display when it is useful. It must be central to everything we do and are.” – Francis Chan, Crazy Love

The above is a quote from one of my favorite books, “Crazy Love.” It comes from a chapter about not giving God our all and ultimately, serving Him our leftovers. I chose this quote, because it really spoke to me since I have been doing this to God lately.

Chan continues later in the chapter, “What scares me most are the people who are lukewarm and just don’t care.” This really hit me hard, because for a couple weeks recently I had been going through a difficult time trusting God’s plan for my life and having faith in His sovereignty. The worst part was that I became so “lukewarm” that I really didn’t care. My thoughts and actions were selfish. I knew my heart was in the wrong place, but I did not care enough to make a change. I went on reading my Bible and going to church, but I did not let the sermons or God’s Word transform me. Fortunately, by God’s grace, He has humbled me to my knees and my desire for following in His footsteps and wholeheartedly living for Him has returned. It has been a slow and gradual process, but I believe I am back on the right track.

James 2:17 – “Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.”

I’m sure many of us have experienced “dry spells” in our faith in the past. Some of you may even be experiencing one right now. So I really want to encourage you to keep yourself in the Word and continue surrounding yourself with Godly people. The Lord will use your circumstances to work in your life. He loves you too much to let you go! If you just give it time, He will get you through any trial!

Luke 18:27 – “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”

The other day my uncle told me that many times we ask God for patience (or fill in the blank) and then rather than giving us patience, He will provide us the opportunity to learn patience! I think this is really neat, because He is giving us room to grow but not leaving us to fend for ourselves! Just another example to show how much He cares for us! :)

May we always remember the love God has for us and the forgiveness He continues to bestow upon us. I pray that today we will be challenged to pursue God with all our hearts and give Him first priority in our lives.

With love and prayers,
Shannon

“Grace Like Rain” – Todd Agnew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODatqyzberM

“Center” – Charlie Hall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUwRX2HPLKY&feature=related

No comments: