Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Expect God

Expect God
Today I heard a great sermon at my church so I wanted to include a bit of what I learned and add a bit of my own touch for a devotional. The topic of today’s message was “God-Given Trials.” The Director of Jr. High Ministries talked about how we should expect 3 things – that God will put us through trials, that He will protect us through these trials, and that He will bring us through them as well.

The main point that I want to discuss is how we are not to let our present circumstances dictate what we believe about Christ. Rather, we are to let the Cross and Christ’s work dictate what we believe about Him.

When we are going through a difficult time, it is easy to make the assertion that God is unfair or that He is not good or loving. However, if we take into consideration the entire picture and remember all that He has done for us in the past, we will see that this is not the case. He is, in fact, good, faithful, and just. Our Heavenly Father provides us with unconditional love, strength to face our trials, and comforts us when we are weak.

To get a better idea, think of a child being punished by his parent. Initially the child may yell the famous line, “I hate you!” and think the parent is mean. But once the child realizes that he was wrong and it was only just to punish him, he will see how loving his parent truly is. Don’t we want a God who cares enough about us to correct us and help us grow and mature in our walk?!

Psalm 91
“1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

Today I challenge us what my church challenged me this morning – Let us ask ourselves, “What am I showing others about God by how I go through trials?”

May we trust God’s purposes for our lives and remember that we are never alone.

God bless!
<3 Shannon

“Times” – Tenth Avenue North
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAVHeVDML5k

No comments: