Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Taking God for Granted

Genesis 28:20-21

“If God will…then I will…”

At first glance, I took this passage as Jacob making a vow to the Lord that if the Lord would remain with him and watch over him, then he would make the Lord his God. However, after considering the context and talking with my Bible study, I learned that this is a different story.

I learned that during this time, people were faithful to these commitments so when Jacob made this vow with God it was more like he was saying, “Since You have been with me and continue to watch over me, I will make You my God.” However, nowadays I feel we tend to bargain with God and the moment He answers, we bail out of our part.

Think how often we do this to God. It is interesting how we treat God, who is always faithful and who loves us unconditionally, whereas we do not act this way with our friends or family, who are destined to hurt and disappoint us at some point in our lives. How is it that we feel we have the right to follow God only after He does something for us? Is it not enough that He gave His life for us?

Rather than loving God and following Him only when we will gain something for it, let us live each day in gratitude for all He has already done for us.

May you remember all the Lord has provided for you and be grateful for His grace and mercy.

In Christ,
Shannon

“Gratitude” by Nichole Nordeman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waYUzxK8TYA

No comments: