Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Surrender

I’m fully surrendered to You, Lord. Fully surrendered to Your majesty. All my pride is broken as my eyes grow dim and my arms draw tired. I’m fully surrendered. Oh I raise it high. Let the white flag fly, O Lord. I am at Your feet. I have met defeat. I declare defeat. O Lord. Fully surrendered. – “Surrendered” by Brandon Bee

I’m giving you my heart and all that is within. I lay it all down for the sake of You, my King. I’m giving You my dreams and laying down my rights. I’m giving up my pride for the promise of new life. And I surrender all to You, all to You. I’m singing You this song and waiting at the Cross. – “Surrender” by Lex Buckley

I included these lyrics tonight because God recently revealed to me how prideful I have become. Whether it be when I interact with people or in the way I approach Him, it is something that, as long it is there, it will be like a veil between God and me. If you have something that is keeping you from fully experiencing God and intimately communicating with Him, then my best advice is for you to get rid of it as soon as possible! In my case, I need to lay down my pride, especially with my interest in the approval of others.


I came across another devotional from “Come Away My Beloved” that relates to this message. Here’s an excerpt from the entry, “Fling Aside Your Fears.”

My ways are hidden from those who seek Me in impatience, and the eyes that seek Me in human wisdom will never find Me. For I am found by those who seek Me in utter simplicity and in candid honesty. Do not rebuke Me, neither complain that I have left you alone. Lo, I am at your side, but your fretfulness has raised an iron curtain between us. For when you are utterly finished and exhausted in your struggling; when you have come to the end of all your striving; when you are ready to abandon your intellectual pursuit, and when you cast yourself upon Me as a baby upon its mother’s breast, then shall you know surely that I have been constantly at your very side; that I have never deserted you…Cast aside your questionings. Fling aside your fears. For surely My arms are already outstretched to receive you. Only believe. For in the moment you relinquish all in that same moment you shall know release. For you shall be set free of yourself and shall be captive of My love. My arms shall gather you, and I shall never let you go!


So if it be fear, doubt, pride, or sin that is standing in your way of knowing God more personally, let us do as Hebrews 12:1,2 instructs, “Strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.”

May God give you a humble and simple spirit to approach Him and the strength to surrender all!

Blessings,
♥ Shannon

Song: “I Surrender All” – Brian Littrell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1PNhv1iPYI

No comments: