Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Praise God!

Before I begin today’s devotional I want to start a little differently – with a song :)

Song: “Filled With Your Glory” by Starfield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUTfizQdWvU

Lyrics:
In my heart, in my heart, there's a fire burning
A passion deep within my soul
Not slowing down, not growing cold
An unquenchable flame that keeps burning brighter
A love that's blazing like the sun
For who You are and what You've done

And as the fire is raging on
So Your praise becomes my song

The whole earth
Is filled with Your glory, Lord
Angels and men adore
(Mountains bow and oceans roar)
Creation longs for what's in store
May You be
Honored and glorified
Exalted and lifted high
Here at Your feet I lay my life

From the ends of the earth
To the heights of Heaven
Your glory, Lord, is far and wide
Through history You reign on high

From the depths of the sea
To the mountain's summit
Your power, Lord, it knows no bounds
A higher love cannot be found

So let the universe proclaim
Your great power and Your great name

Since it is a new year, I am curious as to how God has been working in your life. These past few weeks I have been writing personal essays for seminary/grad school applications and I’ve had to describe how the Lord has changed my life. I really enjoyed doing this, so I thought it would be neat to do something similar (except for only a year). Note: If you’d like to share how the Lord has been working in your life for more than this year, please feel free to do so! I would love for you to use today to evaluate your walk with God this year and see what He has taught you, what He has done for you, and/or how your faith has grown in the last year. I understand some of you may not wish to share this with me so I encourage you to journal this down so you can look back in a year or more and see how God has revealed Himself to you and where He’s taken you in life. But if you would like to share, feel free to respond to this message because I’d love to hear from you! After all, this group is meant for us to do just that – be a community of believers who share in each other’s joys and sorrows. :)

Lastly, but most importantly, PRAISE GOD for who He is and all He has done!!

“It is good to give thanks to the LORD,
to sing praises to your name, O Most High” – Psalm 92:1

May the Lord fill you with praise!
God bless,
<3 Shannon

No comments: