Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jesus’ Teaching on Prayer

Luke 11:1-13

Tonight I went to a young adult group called LIFT and Pastor Luke talked about prayer and believing that God will do what He says He will. This led to a discussion on Luke 11 during the car ride home with a couple of my friends. I was expressing to my friends how sometimes I feel guilty or selfish for asking for things from God. They reminded me of the Truth in Luke 11:1-13 and how the enemy was trying to get me to feel this way so that I wouldn’t pursue God’s gifts and blessings for my life.

This passage in Luke starts off with the Lord’s Prayer. Then in verse 5, Jesus begins giving a parable to explain to His disciples how the Lord answers us when we come boldly to Him with our requests. I am not saying that we should only treat Him as “Santa Claus” and come to Him with a wish list of things we want. However, I am saying that, just as verse 12 states, if our earthly father knows how to (and is happy to) give us good gifts, think how much happier our Heavenly Father is to give us EVEN GREATER gifts! :)

Luke 11:9-13 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

Note: Jesus says we are evil in the last verse when speaking of our sinful nature.

My challenge for this group today is to boldly and persistently approach the Lord in prayer and have faith that He will do what He say He will do. May your faith increase greatly as you wait upon the Lord!

In Christ,
Shannon

“Seek Me” by Watermark
http://www.rhapsody.com/watermark/constant--rocketown-records/seek-me/lyrics.html
I couldn’t find a video for this song so when you click this link all you have to do is push the play button and a window will pop up. Then press Continue and it will load to play. This way you can follow along with the lyrics as you listen to the song :)

No comments: