Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It Begins with a Thought

Tonight’s devotional comes from a devotional book called “A Cup of Comfort.”

“Don’t let us yield to temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.” – Matthew 6:13

A pop song with the strange title “Oops, I Did It Again!” came out in the year of 2000. I don’t know if it’s about temptation, but it seems to sum up my life experience with dubious enticements. I’m tempted to gossip, to overeat, to feel sorry for myself, to worry, to lash out at women who seem to be competing with me… you get the picture. And I’m fairly certain you have your own besetting sins to bemoan.

I pray to be good, Lord!

And often I fail. Yet, through long experience, I’ve come to see that there is no overcoming temptation by sheer force of will. That is why I need God’s grace – His deliverance – every step of the way. And it helps me to recall, it’s not only what I do that is important; it’s what I’m thinking long before my mouth launches into action.

Pause to consider: How is your thought-life this day?
-CMW

I challenge us to ask the Lord to reveal to us any thought that dishonors Him and to remove it from our minds. May you be granted peace and strength from the Lord to continue to yield to temptation.

Grace abounds.
<3 Shannon

Let us think about the Lord!! :)
“When I Think About the Lord” by Shane and Shane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdTT6rmkk9M
I highly recommend checking out the lyrics!

No comments: