Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Let Us Live For Today

“First I was dying to finish high school and start college.
And then I was dying to finish college and start working.
And then I was dying to marry and have children.
And then I was dying for my children to grow old enough for
school so I could return to work.
And then I was dying to retire.
And now, I am dying...and suddenly I realize I forgot to live.”

“We live as if we are never going to die, and we die as if we never lived.”

I received these quotes today in a chain email from my dad. I wanted to include these in today’s message, because it was such a great reminder to live in the present. Rather than look back on our life with regrets as Lot’s wife did in Genesis (see Genesis 19:15-26) or worrying about the future, God calls us to live for and appreciate today.

“This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” – Psalm 118:24

Regardless of what this day holds, it is still His day and He is using it for our good (even if the day is not good from our point of view). Every day can be a good day if we just look at it as God's day, not ours.

God wants us not to worry about tomorrow, because we are not even promised tomorrow. He wants us to stop and live today... completely live today. Not just wish that it would fly by. He wants us to take time and slow down long enough to realize that this is His day.

Some questions to ask ourselves: How am I using this day? What would I change if I knew this was the only day I had left and that tomorrow I would be gone?

Today will be the very last day for thousands of people. Some won't make it into tomorrow. According to the US Census Bureau, 152,640 humans die every day.

So let us slow down and live this day to its fullest and realize that this is the day that the Lord has made (given us) and let us use it for His Glory.

Matthew 6:34 – “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

I pray that we will not waste one second of our day on things that are worthless in Eternity.

God bless,
Shannon

“This Is True Life” by Justin Rizzo
http://forerunnermediagroup.com/Group/Group.aspx?ID=1000034566
I couldn’t find a video for this song so when you click on this link you’ll have to scroll down on the player to the right and go to the song. It is #9. Once it loads it will play so it may take a minute. Enjoy! :)

No comments: