Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Monday, January 25, 2010

Freedom In Christ

Galatians 5:1 – “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.”

This verse is stating that Jesus Christ is the One who has already set us free from the slavery of sin so that we can stand firm against the enemy and walk in that freedom. However, since it is possible for us to miss our opportunity for the freedom Christ has given us, God says it is our responsibility to stand firm and resist being enslaved again to the yoke of legalism.

John 8:36 – “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”

After praying and talking with my roommates this week, I became aware of a serious weakness in my faith. God showed me that I have not been walking in the freedom He has given us, as His children. As I explained above, I have been missing out on the experience of living a life of freedom. Rather than using the freedom God has given, I often find myself living life as though things are black and white, full of rules and regulations. In addition, if I feel these rules are not followed, I will punish myself by restraining good things from my life.

“Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.” – 2 Corinthians 3:17
Note: True freedom is the freedom to celebrate God’s love and live a full, joyful life. As we grow in the Lord, we experience the joy of becoming who we are meant to be, of realizing our best possibilities.
I encourage us to NOT follow my example :) but seek God’s face and hold onto the power the Holy Spirit has given us as we walk in His freedom. As we continue to walk in freedom, we will be radically transformed and our minds will be renewed by the Truth. (see Romans 12:2) Let us know this freedom experientially in our hearts and not just in our heads.

May we use this freedom we have been given for that which God has intended!

With love and prayers,
Shannon

“Freedom Reigns” by Jason Upton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad3bMvRyT9U

“In Your Freedom” by Hillsong United
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujYmM7de66o

No comments: