Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Today Is A Gift

“This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.” – Psalm 118:24

For anyone who grew up in church or attended church a few times, you may recognize this verse from a song sung in church. When I attended a Methodist church as a child, I sung this song quite a bit, however, I did not know at that time that it was also a Bible verse.

I chose this topic, because I was recently thinking of something my friend once asked me – “How was your gift?” When I asked what she meant, she explained to me how she views every day as a gift from God. Since then, I have done my best to remind myself of this so that I will not take for granted the time God has given me.

It is so amazing to know that God has graciously blessed us with the breath of life! This gives us more than reason to worship Him and give Him thanks for every day we are alive! After all, He does not owe us a thing! Even so, in God’s infinite love for us, His cup overflows with blessings!

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why we call it 'The Present'."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Every day is a 24-hour gift from God. It is up to us to decide if we’ll waste, spend, or invest it! :) May we use today to bring glory to the Lord and not forget the priceless value of today.

Soli Deo Gloria!
<3 Shannon

“Live For Today” by Natalie Grant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSq624oSIe0&feature=related

No comments: