Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Is That You, God?

John 14:7 “If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on, you do know Him and have seen Him."
John 16:13 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on His own; He will speak only what He hears, and He will tell you what is yet to come.”

The sermon that I referred to in the last devotional (with Louie Giglio) raised an interesting point about “hearing God” so I wanted to include a bit in today’s devotional. He started off talking about how people often say, “I felt God told me to….(fill in the blank).” Louie was making the point that when we study God’s Word and spend time with Him (just like spending time with a friend), we begin to understand how He thinks and how He would respond in particular situations. This, in turn, leads us to sense Him calling us to do or to avoid something when we come to a crossroads.

He compared this idea to close friendships. The point he made in regards to this was that when we are so close to someone and know them pretty well, we start to know their character. As a result, when they are not around, we have an idea of what they would say or do in a given situation.

John 17:3 “Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.”

John 10:14,27 “14"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know Me… 27My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me.”

I encourage us to dig deep into God’s WORD so that we will gain a greater appreciation of who He is and what He stands for. As a result, we will develop a faith that does not waver in the face of trials. And may our knowledge of the Lord increase so greatly that we will begin to sense His voice in a powerful way!

With love and prayers,
Shannon

“Jesus Calling” by 33 Miles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjsUie4gToM

No comments: