Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Monday, February 22, 2010

Let God Do His Job

Tonight I was reading a devotional on contentment and it gave me a revelation that I have been having an anxious heart lately. The problem arises when I don’t yield to God’s leading in my life. Although I desire to trust Him wholeheartedly with my life, sometimes I get impatient when He is teaching me patience. When the Lord is moving at, what I think is, a snail’s pace, I unconsciously decide He needs my help.

This is the biggest mistake because God does not need any help from anyone, including me! When I step in to manipulate the circumstances, my actions are saying, “God, You’re not doing what I think needs to be done, so I’ll help You out.” I have come to realize that it is our “helping God” that leads to an anxious heart.

When we take over and try to control what happens, we take our focus off the One who is in control and put our eyes on our circumstances. As a result, we become anxious and stop trusting that God will do what He says.

1 Timothy 6:15 reminds us, “God…is the blessed Controller of all things, the King over all kings and the Master of all masters.” This is such good news!! God is the One who controls our life and He is the BLESSED Controller. He wants what is best for us so we have no reason to worry! :)

“Contentment is essentially a matter of accepting from God’s hand what He sends because we know that He is good therefore it is good.”

Psalm 16:5 – “Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure.”

May we find rest in knowing that God’s hands are holding our lives - And He doesn’t make mistakes :) I pray that the Lord gives us quiet hearts that are content with what He gives.

God bless!
<3 Shannon

“Blessed Assurance” by Third Day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFyp880DEiA
Note: There is more after the audience cheers :)

“Take My Life (And Let It Be)” by Chris Tomlin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4dRLFFADKQ&feature=related

No comments: