Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hope For The Hopeless

Last night I was really encouraged and humbled by the hope my friend had through her difficult circumstances. This spurred me to write a devotional on what hope in the Lord looks like – hope that can only be found when we place our trust in the Lord.

Ezra 10:2 – “…but even now there is hope for Israel in spite of this.”
Just like my friend, the Israelites found hope in the Lord despite their circumstances. They lived with the hope that God would forgive and extend mercy on them, even when they made mistakes and turned away from Him.

Not only do we have hope that the Lord will forgive us and show us mercy, but we also can find hope in the knowledge that He will never let the storms of life overcome us. 1 Corinthians 10:13 emphasizes this point - “No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.”

Isaiah 57:10 – “You were wearied with the length of your way, but you did not say, ‘It is hopeless’; you found a new life for your strength, and so you were not faint.”

Job 4:6 – “Is not your fear of God your confidence, and the integrity of your ways your hope?”
A question I challenge us to ask ourselves is, “Is my confidence my ‘fear of God?’ [“Fear” as in awe and reverence of God.] Or do I trust in my own knowledge?” Let us re-establish our fear in the Lord so that we may find hope in Him.

Job 11:18 – “And you will feel secure, because there is hope; you will look around and take your rest in security.”

This reminds me of the lyrics from today’s song I posted below:
“There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus.”

This week during my Resiliency class, my professor told us a story of a man who had this kind of hope during the Holocaust. My professor explained that it was this hope that helped him survive this traumatic experience.

I encourage us today to go back to the basics and remember the hope we have in the Lord. And may we continue trusting in Him to provide for us in times of need, as well as in times of rejoicing. :)

To God be the glory!
<3 Shannon

“Cry Out To Jesus” by Third Day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmVxRl5bc4Y

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah.” - Psalm 46:1-3,7

PRAISE GOD! :)

No comments: