Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Monday, September 13, 2010

Taking The First Steps

Recently I have been praying that God would reveal His will for my life in regards to the near future. I am currently working and loving my job, but I had planned on working a couple years and then going to seminary school. As of this past month or so I have had different opportunities come up that made me question if God had a different plan for me. The other day I was praying and felt God lay this message below on my heart for myself and those who feel stuck, not sure where to move, afraid of taking a wrong turn and missing God's path...

God taught me that if you do not know God's will for your life, the most important thing you can do is to simply take a step - take a step of faith. This way God can work through you. We are like parked cars, unable to move if we are not willing to take the first step. And God is more than capable of closing any doors He does not see fit if you are headed in the wrong direction. Therefore, we must continue to walk with the Lord and trust that He is in control, that He is good, and that He wants the best for us, His children.

Romans 8:32 - "Since God did not spare even His own Son but gave Him up for us all, won't God, who gave us Christ, also give us everything else?"

Psalm 84:11 - "...No good thing will the Lord withhold from those who do what is right."

So I'm still not sure where God wants me in the next year or two, but I do know that He wants me to trust Him and to continue taking steps with faith that He will lead me in the right direction.

I pray that today we remember the ancient Chinese saga, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step." And may God give you the courage to step out in faith so He can begin carrying out His will in your life.

With love and prayers,
Shannon

"Walk By Faith" - Jeremy Camp (plus his testimony)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT9wH8t4Hzw

No comments: