Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Praying for God's Wisdom

This week I have been seeking God’s wisdom in regards to my future. Since l have a passion in Christian Counseling, I realize I need to get my Masters for this to happen. I am currently working to help with finances, but I have begun to ask myself how long I should stay with this job. I have also been wondering where I should go to seminary school or if I should get more work experience with Christian ministry at a Christian organization first. Ultimately, I have been asking Him to make the path He has for me crystal clear so I may be able to know His will and follow Him obediently. Just last night I was reading God’s Word and praying about a few issues. During this time, He used particular Bible verses to speak to me as well as put a few Biblical truths on my heart. After giving it some thought, I felt these truths may also speak to some of you who are in need of some guidance or direction, so I have included some of them below.

Biblical Truths:
-Pray about everything
-Put God first
-Remember God does everything for our good and His glory
-Trust God even when we don’t understand
-Know that when we trust Him, He will give us peace of mind
-Praise God no matter the outcome
-Have faith: never give up, never lose faith, always be hopeful, and endure through every circumstance

Insightful Quotes:
“God’s plan and His ways of working out His plan are frequently beyond our ability to fathom and understand.”
“In order to trust God, we must always view our adverse circumstances through the eyes of faith, not of sense.”
“Faith to trust in God in adversity comes through the Word of God alone.”
“We must believe that God is sovereign, infinite in wisdom, and perfect in love. And we must trust that God in His love always wills what is best for us. In His wisdom He always knows what is best, and in His sovereignty He has the power to bring it about.”  This is the quote that spoke most clearly to me :)
“God does not exercise His sovereignty capriciously, but only in such a way as His infinite love deems best for us.”

Bible Verses:
1 Timothy 6:15 – “God…is the Blessed Controller of all things, the King over all kings and the Master of all masters.”

Romans 11:33 – “Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable His judgments, and His paths beyond tracing out!”

Psalm 50:15 – “Trust Me in times of trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give Me glory.”

Psalm 46:10 – “Be still, and know that I am God.”

I pray that at least one of these truths spoke to you today. May the Lord open your eyes to see the path He has set before you and may He give you the strength and patience as you wait on Him to make it known to you.

God bless,
<3 Shannon

“Give Me Faith” – Elevation Worship
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4itaN5MhBF0

No comments: