Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Praise Him Always

“Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.” – Psalm 37:4

I recently have seen this verse play out in my life dramatically. Since this summer began, I feel as though God has put a number of blessings in my life - from a new relationship with a great Godly guy, getting plugged into my church and meeting new people, to God providing me with one of the most rewarding and fun jobs!! The other day I was just thinking that I am doing all the things I’ve wanted to do since I started following the Lord and I am still serving Him.

I say this, because I know sometimes we may feel that if we give our lives over to Christ and start following His path for our lives we will not be happy or not get the things we want. However, this is just the enemy feeding us lies. This summer has definitely proved this Bible verse to be true for me!! When I drew close to the Lord, He provided me with people and opportunities that are beyond anything I could ever have asked for! :)

However, I have to be careful because if I get too caught up in the blessings, I may forget to thank the Giver. Realizing this, it has become my prayer that I do not forget to praise God in the peaks AND in the valleys of life. No matter the season, I need to remember that God is good!

May the Lord bless you and keep us always praising Him!

In Christ,
Shannon

Instead of a song, I have a clip to share from the movie, “Facing the Giants” that fits well with this devotional:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EHvyFfDR_w
Note: I apologize for the poor quality – it’s the only one I could find :)

No comments: