Our Value to God = PRICELESS!

Our Value to God = PRICELESS!
"Allow God to place His own values." - A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Looking Straight Ahead

Proverbs 4:25-27
“Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; then stick to the path and stay safe. Don’t get sidetracked.”

This week I learned a valuable lesson that reminded me of this verse. I learned that we cannot reach the next season in our life if we do not accomplish our tasks in the here and now. If we become so focused on future opportunities, we will never reach them because we have become too distracted.

God brought this to my attention the other day when I was thinking about all the things I am excited about that will be happening in the next few weeks – graduating, starting a new job, spending time with my mom, etc. But as stated above, these things cannot happen if I do not continue fixing my eyes on what lies before me. If I only think of the future and become so distracted with that, I will lose my concentration with school and get behind. Being a student in this season of my life, God has called me to work hard on my homework, study, and pay attention during my classes. So this is what I need to fix my eyes on at this time.

I am not sure what God has called each of you to fix your eyes on during this season of your life, but I encourage you to seek Him out and ask Him to reveal this to you. Once you know what it is, I pray that God will give you the strength and undistracted devotion to stick to that path.

Ecclesiastes 7:13 – “Notice the way God does things; then fall into line. Don’t fight the ways of God, for who can straighten out what He has made crooked?”

Ecclesiastes 11:4 – “If you want for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done.”

And lastly…
Ecclesiastes 3:1 – “There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under Heaven.”

With love and prayers,
Many blessings!
<3 Shannon

“Captivate Us” – Watermark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcezx5Rl7sA